Right Diapers for Active Children and Adults in India – Hard to find

Home Forums ISBA Forum Right Diapers for Active Children and Adults in India – Hard to find

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  MONIKA 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

MONIKA
    Participant

Tena plus and tena super are two brands of pull-up diapers that have small, medium and large sizes.  Tena super is better with long stitching on sides and a wide elastic band at waist.  Since these are expensive (Rs.55 a piece for medium size)

anilchopra67
    Participant

“Kosmo Care” and “Friends” are two brands of pull-up diapers (underwear style) that have small, medium and large sizes.  Kosmo Care is better with long stitching on sides and a wide elastic band at waist.  Since these are expensive (Rs.55 a piece for medium size), these can be used in combination with insert pads by “Friends”, thus making the pull-ups last for two days … most of the time. Buying this stuff from a local stockist will cost much less compared to MRP.

With children, some kind of parental intervention might be required till they are able to manage this on their own, by 5th standard according to my experience.

sakeena.nqv
    Participant

Hi

I guess we get diapers for upto 25kgs of children in “Mamy Poko Pants”
    I assume it should suffice  but after that we might need to use the smallest size available in the adult diapers.

Or else, there are Modern Cloth Diapers, which though need a lot of effort like cleaning,washing,drying etc.

VJ001
    Keymaster

Ninety percent of Children and Adults with spina- bifida generally have incontinence of urine/stool and will require diapers throughout their life span.

Each child and adult must be managing this condition to their best of their knowledge and ability.

Many mothers go to the school during lunch hour and change the diapers so that the child is able to spend time in school without any embarrassment. Our schools, colleges and offices are not equipped with proper clean toilets and it is not possible to catheterize in these premises.

As a result we require proper diapers which can hold liquid for 5-6 hours or more. These children/adults avoid drinking much water as it may result in accidents.

For toddlers there are many good brands of diapers which perform well without any leakage but we have limited resources for active school age children, teenagers and adults.

I will like to have a discussion on this forum on type and brand of diapers or other means by which parents and individuals are managing their day to day activity. It may help other members in improving the quality of their life style.

Please come forward and share your opinions. It will be very helpful.

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 9 months ago by  VJ001.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.